Famous People Wayland MAThe town of Wayland is located in Middlesex County, Massachusetts according to information available at wikipedia.org. Many famous people have come from this town. We will take a look at some of these famous people Wayland MA.
1. Joshua BekensteinBekenstein is a businessman. He was born in New York City but resides in Wayland MA. He is the co-chairman of Bain Capital. He also serves as a co-chair on the board of directors of a venture philanthropy fund based in Boston. He is one of the famous people Wayland MA.
He was named the Nonprofit Director of the Year in 2010 by the National Association of Corporate Directors.
2. Lydia Maria Francis Child (1802 –1880)Child was a women’s rights activist, n abolitionist, journalist and novelist. She strongly opposed American expansionism. She is one of the famous people Wayland MA because of her contributions to social justice.
According to wikipedia.org, Child settled in Wayland with her husband where they spent the rest of their lives. While in Wayland, she shielded slaves who were trying to escape the Fugitive Slave Law. More than a century after her death, she was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame in 2007. She is among the famous people Wayland MA has seen because of her contribution to humanity. .
3. Josiah Johnson Hawes (1808–1901)Hawes was a photographer who was born in Wayland MA. He practiced photography in Boston. Before studying Photography in Boston, he was a portrait painter. He had great talent and is arguably one of the most famous people Wayland MA because of the quality of his work. He was regarded as the oldest working photographer in America in his later days.
4. Thomas Nisbit Kiefer (Born 1958)Kiefer is a former Olympic silver medalist and competitive rower. He is one of the famous people Wayland MA. He finished in second place at the 1984 Summer Olympics in the men’s coxed fours competition. Kiefer lives in Wayland with his wife.
5. Gerard Cosloy (Born 1964)Cosloy is a musician and an executive in the music industry. He was raised in Wayland and is one of the famous people Wayland MA has produced. He was involved in local hardcore punk while in high school and started fanzine of alternative rock and art called Conflict. He was active in his Conflict project during the 80s and 90s.
Cosloy is a member of Air Traffic Controllers. He has worked GG Allin in the past although for a short period. He is considered one of the famous people Wayland MA.
6. Ryan Sypek (Born 1982)Sypek is an actor who was born in Wayland. He began acting when he was in sixth grade. He graduated from Wayland High School in 2000. He then went to Boston University. While at the university, he spent a semester in the city of London at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. He is one of the famous people Wayland MA has produced.
7. Edmund Hamilton Sears (1810 –1876)Sears was an author and Unitarian parish minister. He deserves a place in the list of famous people Wayland MA. He wrote many theological works that influenced the liberal Protestants in his time. He is well known for his popular hymn “It Came Upon the Midnight Clear” which was written in 1849.
According to wikipedia.org, the song was written as a reflection on his time as a part-time minister in Wayland MA. It has become a popular Christmas carol among Christians. Sears also worked for seven years in Lancaster before returning to Wayland. He is indeed one of the famous people Wayland MA.
8. Taylor Schilling (Born 1984)Schilling is an actress who is known for her role on the comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black which has been airing since 2013. She is one of the famous people Wayland MA has seen. She grew up in Wayland and attended Wayland High School.
Information available at wikipedia.org shows that she has been nominated for many awards such as the Primetime Emmy Awards, Golden Globe Award some of which she won. She deserves a place on the list of famous people Wayland MA because of her acting talent.
9. Alberto Salazar (Born 1958)The is another individual on the list of famous people Wayland MA. Salazar is a former world-class long-distance runner and a track coach. He was born in Cuba but grew up in Wayland, MA. While attending high school in Wayland, he competed in track and field.
His best performance was in the New York City Marathon in the early 1980s. He also won the 1982 Boston Marathon. This feat makes him one of the famous people Wayland MA has made.
10. Peter Rowan (Born 1942)Rowan is a composer and bluegrass musician. He was born in Wayland. He sings, plays guitar and mandolin. Rowan comes from a musical family so he had an interest in music from an early age. This interest made him learn to play the guitar.
Rowan won a Grammy in 1997 for his work on the compilation True Life Blues. He was also nominated for other Grammy awards. He is undoubtedly one of the famous people Wayland MA.
11. Alvaro Pascual-Leone (Born 1961)Pascual-Leone is a Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. He is of Spanish ancestry and lives in Wayland with his family. He deserves to be considered one of the famous people Wayland MA.
According to wikipedia.org, he is the author of hundreds of scientific papers which have earned him many international honors and awards from the American Academy of Neurology. His contribution to medicine makes him one of the famous people Wayland MA.
Visit this YouTube link to learn more about Alvaro Pascual-Leone