Things To Do In Weston MAWeston is one of the best places to live in the state of Massachusetts. Whether as a resident or visitor, information from humboldt.com shows that there are many things to do in Weston MA.
Let’s take a look at fun things to do in Weston MA.
Fun Places To Visit In Weston MA
1. Cat Rock ParkThis park is located on Drabbington Way. Exploring the 130 acres parks is one of the things to do in Weston MA. You will have so much fun that you’ll want to keep coming back for more. Fresh water is supplied along the trails from Hobbs Brook which runs through the park. You can take a dip in the pond and you can get amazing views of the city from the city. You will never run out of things to do in Weston MA’s Cat Rock Park. It’s a place you should visit all the time.
2. Weston Ski TrackThis track is located on Park Road on a golf course. It is a cross- country ski centre. About 15km of the trail is groomed with natural snow. Even when it’s not winter, snowmaking provides constant snow conditions for skiing. Skiing on this track is one of the things to do in Weston MA.
3. Weston Public LibraryAccording to bostoncentral.com, the library is a place to visit as you explore things to do in Weston MA. You will find a great collection of books on different subjects. If you have kids, there is a children’s area where they can enjoy kid stories. There are also lots of programs and events for kids. Spending time in this library is one of the things to do in Weston MA
4. Golden Ball Tavern MuseumThis is located on Boston Post Road. The home formerly belonged to Isaac Jones from the 18th century. It was built in 1768. The Golden Ball Tavern Trust acquired the property in the 1960s. Visiting this place is one of the things to do in Weston MA if you love history. You can get a tour of the museum by booking an appointment. A number of events are hosted here which are open to the public. You can attend one of these events as you explore things to do in Weston MA. One of these events is the Harvest festival and antique show.
3. Land’s Sake FarmThis is located on the Corner of Newton. Visiting this educational farm is one of the things to do in Weston MA. It’s a non-profit and was incorporated in 1980.You will find over 4 acres of farm produce here. There is also a farm stand where you pick your own fruits. Honey, maple syrup and firewood are harvested from the farm yearly. Over 65 miles of trial and 2000 acres of land are maintained by the farm. It holds yearly events such as the harvest of hunger, strawberry festival and farm barn dance.
You can volunteer on the third Saturday of every month if you are looking for things to do in Weston MA. You can pay for birthday party activities and hayrides if you like. Another interesting thing about this farm is that you can visit the farm throughout the summer and fall to pick your own fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. Weston Reservoir Loop TrailThis is a beautiful loop trail that stretches almost 2 miles. Information gotten from alltrails.com shows that it is located around the Weston Reservoir. If you love to take your dog for a walk, using this trail is one of the best things to do in Weston MA.
Popular Restaurants in Weston
1. Dumpling DaughterThis is located on Center Street. It can accommodate 32 dinners at once. The place serves good Chinese dishes. The restaurant has a nice interior design and the service is excellent as your food is served quickly. You list of things to do in Weston MA won’t be complete without a visit to this restaurant. Reviews found at tripadvisor.com, indicate that this is a great restaurant.
You can bring your own wine and beer. Just as the name implies, the menu’s focus is the dumplings. One of the things to do in Weston MA is to have a taste of Cabbage dumplings from this restaurant. You will also get ramen, soups and buns at this spot.
2. Ye Olde Cottage RestaurantIf you are looking for something to eat in a vintage atmosphere, drop by at this restaurant. You will be taken to the past as you enjoy your meal. According to patch.com, this restaurant has a great breakfast menu and you can also stop by for sandwiches and salads during lunch hours. Eating at this restaurant is definitely one of the things to do in Weston MA. You will get excellent service. The staff are warm and friendly. The quality of the food is great and the prices are reasonable.
While you are here don’t forget to have a taste of the Maple Walnut ice cream. This place is must if you want to explore things to do in Weston MA. The restaurant is opened from 6 am to 2 pm Monday to Friday. It opens an hour late on Saturday by 7 am but closing time is the same.
3. Theo’s Pizzeria & GrillThis pizza place is located on Boston Post Road. It is best for a quick lunch or take-out as there are only about 5 tables. The food tastes great. You will like the pizza and meatball sub. The environment is clean and the staff are friendly. Don’t forget to try out this pizzeria as you explore things to do in Weston MA.
4. Cedar Hill Dairy JoyThis is a family-owned joint that serves fried seafood snacks and ice-cream. This spot has been around since the 1960s. According to boston.eater.com, the restaurant celebrated its 57th year of being in business in 2017.
While you are looking for things to do in Weston MA, visit this joint during summer and eat on the picnic tables outside. While you are here try out the lobster roll and fried clams. The joint has dairy-free menu options for customers. The place is open from 11 am to 8 pm every day of the week. So, visit this place as you explore things to do in Weston MA.