Things To Do In Wellesley MAThere are many fun things to do in Wellesley MA. Whether you love cultural activities, historical sites or recreational activities, you will get all of that in this town. Information gotten from patch.com shows that the place is endowed with many natural beauties and community resources. If you are thinking of things to do in Wellesley MA, do not worry as the town has something for everyone. Let’s talk about fun places to visit in Wellesley MA.
Fun Places To Visit In Wellesley
1. Wellesley CollegeThis was established in 1870. The landscape and architecture are very beautiful. The college has theatres and greenhouses that you can visit as part of things to do in Wellesley MA. Lake Waban runs through this campus. Contemporary and gothic style buildings are visible on every corner of the campus. Your list of things to do in Wellesley MA will not be complete if you do not include taking a walk around the lake or sailing on the lake with a canoe.
The college hosts the Davis Museum and Cultural Center and admission is free. The museum contains art from various time periods. Make sure you don’t leave this place out of your list of things to do in Wellesley MA.
2. Wellesley Symphony OrchestraAdd this to your list of things to do in Wellesley MA if you are a music lover. According to wikipedia.org, the orchestra group has been around since the 1940s and plays classic and pop genres including family concerts. The group performs music from famous composers like Brahms and Beethoven. The orchestra group hosts soloists for young people aged below 18.
3. Walter Hunnewell ArboretumOne of the things to do in Wellesley MA is to visit this arboretum. There are more than 500 species of woody plants on this 22-acre arboretum. The arboretum is on the site of a former estate. According to wellesley.edu, the place is named after the original owner of the estate. He imported more than 2000 trees from England and planted different species from around the world. You will find the oldest rhododendrons in the United States in this place.
While you are here, you can check out the Wellesley College Botanic Gardens located right next to the arboretum. It’s a beautiful sight to behold. Visit this place as you explore things to do in Wellesley MA.
4. The Wellesley Historical SocietyThere are many historical locations in the town. A visit to these historical locations is one of the things to do in Wellesley. According to wellesleyhistoricalsociety.org, you will get all the information you need about the area from the Wellesley Historical Society. You will get information about nearby sites you can visit as you explore things to do in Wellesley MA. The society also provides educational programs to the public through displays.
Fun Things To Do In Wellesley MAThere are many fun things to do in Wellesley MA. Let’s look at some of them
1. Go Hiking On The TrailsIf you want to enjoy beautiful views while on the move, of the things to do in Wellesley MA is to walk or bike on the numerous trails that are found throughout the town. Popular spots include Centennial Reservation, Crosstown Trail and Magnus Hill. The trials span more than 20 miles and they pass through lakes, forests, hills and meadows.
2. Attend A Concert At The Town Hall GreenIf you love summer concerts, you should attend concerts at the Town Hall as part of things to do in Wellesley MA. The city hosts weekly concerts at the town hall green. There is a limited number of seats so you should come along with your own chair or picnic blanket. This is one of the fun things to do in Wellesley MA. You will enjoy the beautiful summer weather with great music in the background.
3. Join In The Weekend FestivitiesThe town of Wellesley celebrates every Memorial Day with fireworks show and parade. The festivities attract thousands of people who come to listen to music and celebrate. Weekends are filled with activities such as dog competitions, scavenger hunt, a picnic in the park and so on. There is also a movie night.
4. Take Cooking Classes At The Joyful KitchenOne of the things to do in Wellesley MA is to take cooking classes at the Joyful Kitchen if you love cooking. Information gotten from tripadvisor.com shows that the place is a cooking school that focuses on practical learning. Visit this place to meet new people or celebrate a special occasion. You will surely have a fun-filled experience here. You won’t regret adding it to your list of things to do in Wellesley MA.
Popular Restaurants In WellesleyAccording to theswellesleyreport.com, there are a variety of restaurants in the town. You will find fancy, homey and chain restaurants to cater to your taste. There are Asian restaurants as well as Italian and Turkish restaurants. You will also find an old diner with Greek cuisines. If you love ice cream, pizza or donuts, you will get plenty of that too.
Let’s look at a few popular restaurant to try out as you explore things to do in Wellesley MA.
1. Alta StradaThis restaurant is located on Central Street. It’s a great place to sit down and have lunch. The staff are knowledgeable and nice. There is a clean open space that makes dinner comfortable. The restaurant also has a bar.
The menu list includes sweet corn with bacon, grilled vegetable, shrimp and bean salad. You can also get real lemonade here. Visiting this place is one of the best things to do in Wellesley MA.